Monday, August 24, 2009

Lead Me, Guide Me.........

WE finished! Cassie and I have been reading the Book Of Mormon every morning for the past two school years.....well, we have read every morning since she started Kindergarten, but we started The Book Of Mormon again the first of last school year.........and wish I could say that we read every day, including weekends and holidays - but alas.....that is not the case. We have read every school day - and have not missed. Cassie and I both feel, and learned from past school years that the day is just not the same if we don't read.....she likes the "Scripture Power" she gets and feels like she has a better day - I as her Mom love knowing that I sent her out the door with a prayer and scriptures...."Teach a Child..." Today, we finished. Cassie reads to me out loud and I follow along.....and sometimes help. I seriously believe that her reading is as good as it is because of reading the scriptures. She can sound out pretty much any word she comes across, and her comprehension has improved A TON because she is paying attention to the stories. She and I have had some AWESOME discussions about the Scriptures and the Gospel because of the topics we come across while reading. Reading the Book Of Mormon has been a true blessing for our family and I am really excited for us to start the Doctrine and Covenants - Cassie's choice. How blessed are we to have The Book Of Mormon and all the other Scriptures to help us and to bless the lives of our Children. I LOVE being a Mom! These are the GOOD days.....the GREAT days......the OH SO REWARDING days!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

That is so awesome. What a funny, but cool coincidence.....we started at the beginning of the school year last year sometime in September. We did good, but missed way too much over the busy summer...BUT we have 12 pages left and think we'll try to finish it tonight or tomorrow. Just in time before Jordan leaves. What a blessing it really is!

Cindy Smith said...

That's awesome Jess, you are a good mom! I'm always impressed at people who get their family scripture time in during the mornings, we are always so rushed and sleepy so we have to do ours at night. I think mornings are probably better though, if you can manage it.

Dan, Pam and Family said...

That is AWESOME!
I wish we could say we were finished. (We are in Mosiah, so that's a good start right?)
It's slow reading at our house because every few verses ends up in big discussions. But I wouldn't have it any other way. I agree the spirit and power that come from reading with kids is amazing.
You are an awesome example.
:-)
Pam

Debbie Hadley said...

I'm very inspired! That is a great accomplishment...something you will always remember. We need to get in it in gear over here.