Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Haley's Feet - OWIE!!!

Haley is just about the cutest little booger EVER!!! How did she burn her feet you ask? Joel took her home from church, and on the way home she took her shoes off - like a typical woman! Joel went to unlock the front door, Collin opened the car door, Haley got out......but I forgot to mention......it was 112 degrees that day - it was 2 in the afternoon and here in AZ - you can get 2nd degree burns on your feet in 35 seconds! Joel got to her as fast as he could, but her little feet were BURNED! I got home from church and was changing her....and she kept saying OWIE.....but I couldn't see an owie.....till she showed me her feet and I just FREAKED out! I got the burn creme and ice to stop the burn.....and while the blisters were big......I kept them covered. She healed SO fast! She wouldn't walk on her feet on Monday, but after that she would NOT be stopped! The blisters broke, but the skin stayed on .....which was a GOOD thing.......and after a few days he skin peeled off and her skin underneath was healed. WHAT A BLESSING!! I was SO worried! We were very blessed that it was not worse than it was.......I am SO glad she is OK! Whew.........WHO KNEW you could get that bad of burns! We do now!! POOR BABY!!!

3 comments:

Cindy Smith said...

Ouch! I'm glad she healed up fast. I totally forgot how hot cement can get, we go barefoot all the time and don't think twice about it... except in the winter!

Dan, Pam and Family said...

I saw the remains of her burns today..... OWIE!!!!!!!
Poor baby,
She's such a trooper, how sad.
I'm so-oo glad she healed quickly.

Pam

Debbie Hadley said...

Wow, It's hard to believe that the cement gets that hot. Poor girl! I'm glad she has recovered okay.