Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hmmmmmm it's 108 degrees outside.........

So what would you choose to do when it's 108 outside! Well for me and "friend" that's an easy one! Why not do yard work for 2 days straight! YEAH.......THAT'S THE TICKET!! Holli and I were both thinking that our yards needed a lot of work, and we figured that we should just go ahead and get it done! We thought if we started early we would be OK with the heat.......we were, but for about 10 min! As always, I forgot to take before pictures.....but with the piles you can get the idea. We trimmed and shaped every tree in both of our yards, cut down two HUGE out of control "Mexican Birds of Paradise" in my yard and staked a tree in her yard and removed a dead one...... when we were done we both felt like our yards looked AWESOME - but seriously - we both had heat exhaustion and headaches for about 3 days! Worst of all - we went swimming when we were done - I forgot to put on sunscreen in my hurry to get to the pool and I got FRIED!!! I got so burnt I didn't sleep for 3 days! Anyway - job well done - if I DO say so myself.......and next time.........WE ARE PAYING THE LANDSCAPERS!!!!

4 comments:

Dan, Pam and Family said...

Holy Cow, that's a mighty ambitious undertaking.
The sunburn sounds super ouchie, but the pictures of the yard look super cool. For a yard without green grass that is...that's one thing I would really miss in Arizona.
Thanks again for the fun package..LOVE the clothes, you are the best!
Loves,
Pam

Cindy Smith said...

Youch! That was a lot of work in the heat! It looks great though! It really is like another world out there though, how hot and dry it is. It's just the opposite here, wet and cold. And I think I've only put on sunscreen like once...probably didn't need it even then.
God sure did give the world variety, didn't he?

Holli said...

Your yard looks great and so does mine. YES, next time we get landscapers! That was hotter than heck or hell which ever you choose.

Debbie Hadley said...

You ladies are CRAZY! Yard work when it's 108 degrees outside, by choice!!! I guess it doesn't get much cooler than that though in the summer. Your yard looks awesome!