Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I'm A SURVIVOR!!!

Joe and Wendy have A LOT going on......Joe works full time, goes to school full time, is building 8 houses....one of them his own, AND has 3 VERY energetic kids.....well 2 VERY energetic kids - and 1 who is fairly calm! ANYWAY......I came up with this GREAT plan! Since I am not in Utah to help....why don't I just bring your kids to AZ with me for a couple of weeks! That way, you guys can have a little bit of a break, and spend as much time working on the house as you can without worrying about finding anyone to tend for you! They accepted! SO - I headed to Arizona with a FULL van.....and 4 kids! WAHOO!!! We made it in one day.....with me as the only driver and let me just say - by the time I got home I was READY FOR BED!! We had so much fun while they were here, we had no major disasters, and I think that for the most part we all had a lot of fun. We spend our days swimming - and let me just say - Lynlee is a FISH! She has NO fear - she jumped in with the big boys! Haley was sort of nervous at first, but after a few days she was jumping in, going completely under without gasping, and was LOVING it! My favorite part was when she would pinch her nose and stick her face in the water! She wanted to be like the big kids! Joel took the older kids to Makutu's Island.....an fun big indoor - Swiss Family Robinson type of tree house, we went to the movies and paid a visit to Chuck E Cheese's. And in the second week Cassie started school - at her new school! There was poop played with ( thank you HALEY), Scribbles on the wall, every single little toy chewed on, burned little feet (poor Haley), tears from EVERYONE.....including me..........laughs from EVERYONE....especially me.....LOADS AND LOADS AND LOADS of laundry, chicken nuggets and mac and cheese and GALLONS of milk consumed........TONS AND TONS AND TONS of hugs and kisses ALL around! And one Bubba who is MISSING her sweet Nieces and Nephew......missing EVERYTHING about them.....including the mess! I am glad Joe and Wendy got a break.........and I am SO glad that I got to spend time with those sweet babies!!

3 comments:

Cindy Smith said...

You are a brave woman! I'm sure that was a great help for Joe and Wendy to get some stuff done.

Dan, Pam and Family said...

You are a Superstar Jess!
And I'm not just saying that, seriously. I'm always amazed by how much you take on to help others. And what an awesome man is Joel to support you in your ventures.
I can't say enough about what an awesome example you are to us all.
What a fun break for both the kids and for Joe and Wendy. I know it means a ton to them and offered a MUCH needed and DESERVED break.
Loves,
Pam

Debbie Hadley said...

You are a SURVIVOR...and a HERO! I'm so blessed to have a sister like you. What a great example you are of selfless sacrifice, for all the right reasons. I'm so glad you all had a good time.