Monday, March 9, 2009

My Best........FRIEND!!!!

I have a best friend. In fact, we actually call each other "friend"......rather than our names.....when I call her I say - HI FRIEND.....and she does the same. I am thankful for my friend - EVERY DAY. Why I love my friend - well - mainly because she gets me.....she REALLY gets me. She understands all my moods - good and bad - when I am FREAKING out - and acting like a crazy woman - she KNOWS that it's best to just LAUGH...not take it personally. She is there for me ALWAYS and NO MATTER WHAT!! When I call to find out what she is making for dinner....to get some ideas - she shows up a few hours later with dinner for ME. She comes to my house when I am out of town during the holidays - brings her kids and takes MY Christmas decorations down - because she knows how hard it will be for me to leave my family and come back to AZ and see Christmas still up. She brings me a Cherry Coke from SONIC....with the good ice - when I don't feel good, when I am in the middle of a project, or on the days that I just NEED a Coke!! She makes me laugh - like almost no one else can. For whatever reason - when the two of us get together we LAUGH!! (And she will KILL me for the pictures I have posted). She reminds me of what is important....and lives her life thoroughly and loves INTENSELY. She is LOYAL to those who are blessed enough to have earned her loyalty. She cries - ALL the time - with everyone who is crying, and for whatever reason there is to cry. Which makes me laugh - and sometimes cry with her. She loves to sit with me at the park and be the park "Moms". Making sure the kids are ALL getting along and behaving themselves (the LANGUAGE!).Speaking off Moms.....she is ONE OF THE BEST!! She is DETERMINED to raise her kids to be GOOD STRONG UPSTANDING people.....and they are WELL on their way!! She loves her husband FIERCELY......and truly adores her "lovey" She has a great testimony....and works hard to live the gospel that she loves - she wants to be a better person, tries her best to be a better person every day, and makes me want to be a better person. Did I mention that I am not just lucky to have her for a friend.....she is my COUSIN!! I grew up with her....I am grateful EVERY SINGLE DAY that I was blessed to have her in my life. I want her to know that. She is my friend for ALWAYS and NO MATTER WHAT!!! Love ya FRIEND!!!!

4 comments:

Dan, Pam and Family said...

What an awesome post,
It made me a bit teary eyed (maybe the crying thing is genetic)
I am so grateful that you and Holly have each other. What an amazing blessing.
Loves to you both!
Pam

P.S. - The Pictures and music are classic :-)

Holli said...

THANKS FRIEND....LOVE YOU TOO!!!

Leslie said...

We all need a Holli in our lives! What fun photos...she may kill you like you said, but what else is new? I 100% agree with her being such a super Mom. Cameron and Spencer are two of my most favorite little guys on the planet. She's doing a good job. What an awesome tribute to her and to friends in general. We all love you too! Life would be no fun without you around.

To friends and fun....Cheers!

Debbie Hadley said...

Every single woman needs a friend like that. You are so blessed and I'm so grateful that you have Holli in your life. A very fitting tribute!