Wednesday, March 4, 2009

It's my party and I'll CRY IF I WANT TO!!!

Anyone who knows me knows how much I LOVE Birthdays. I don't usually tend to be a half empty kind-of gal.....But - I HATE Birthdays and I HATE New Years.......why you ask - because for me it's another year gone - memories that will NEVER happen again - good and bad. Time spent with those we love that will never be the same, things I wish I had done, and didn't do, one less year with my "baby girl" - as a "baby girl". Time just passes way to quickly for my happiness.......and yet....I have decided to TRY to feel differently this year. I am trying to re-fill my half empty glass.......I was blessed to have another WONDERFUL year here on this earth. I was blessed to make some wonderful forever memories with my friends and family. I saw some amazing sunsets, some amazing night skies, some amazing mornings, and had some WONDERFUL mornings sleeping in. My testimony has grown, I have learned a lot, I love my family even more if that is possible.....I have shed many tears - but BOY it feels good to have a good cry sometimes. We have our health, we have a job, we have been blessed with SO much.......SO - Even though I hate Birthdays, it makes it MUCH easier to think of all the amazing and wonderful things I experienced this year - and think of how blessed I am to hopefully be blessed with another year - full of unexpected and wonderful new experiences!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! (And of course to the best birthday present I ever got - my brother Joe....Happy Birthday Bozer!!!)

1 comment:

Dan, Pam and Family said...

Very well Said!
"One year older and wiser too"
Happy Birthday Sis!
Love ya,
Pam