Saturday, March 14, 2009

Just one of those days........

It's 9:30 pm...and I am sitting here at my computer - in an empty house. Today has been just one of those days. We got off to a good start. Got up, went "garage sailing" and found some GREAT deals - which I always LOVE. About an hour and a half in - I got SICK.......REALLY sick - so nauseated that I wanted to just PUKE.....but I didn't. I had Joel and Cass get me home - as fast as possible.....and I went to bed - and slept for almost 5 hours. I have been really fighting with a nasty head cold gomboo thing - and now the stupid H. Pylori Bacteria and MASSIVE antibiotic treatment.....(which is what made me sick oddly enough - weak stomach that I have). Cassie and Joel were great. They were VERY quiet while I slept - and Joel did the grocery shopping for me - because he knows I hate it -and he knows I wasn't feeling up to it. ANYWAY....Saturday is Daddy Daughter Day - so Joel decided to take Cass to the local Ostrich Festival. It's an annual thing for us - they have gone every year since we moved here - so it's a tradition. It closes at midnight.....and we have late church - so I don't expect them home any time soon. I OF COURSE will be waiting up for them - I can't sleep until my family is safely home. So I am sitting here at my computer - have looked at every ones blogs......looked at Facebook and STILL don't understand why everyone likes it so much.....so got off it almost as quickly as I got on.....I am watching some stupid scary show on TV which is DUMB since I am in my house ALONE. I do have Shiloh here who is sitting at my feet - licking my toes - WHICH FREAKS ME OUT!! I am thinking about you all - how grateful I am for my life - thinking about my upcoming surgery - feeling apprehensive but excited......wanting to go to bed - and am looking forward to church tomorrow. So - it has been "one of those days". but I really am glad to have had it.

3 comments:

Debbie Hadley said...

I've never heard of an Ostrich Festival before. I know Cassie is in heaven wherever ther are animals. I couldn't help but notice the words on her shirt...funny!!!

Debbie Hadley said...

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. How nice of Joel to do the grocery shopping for you. I could use a Joela over at my house!

Dan, Pam and Family said...

Have to say...I agree about Facebook, I'm not a big fan myself. Blogs are way better.
Joel is such an awesome Hubby and Daddy to step in and let you have your moment. We all have days like that.
Loves,
Pam