Friday, November 7, 2008

I Voted - Follow-up.....

SO - Barack Obama is our new President. Which is not really a big surprise....it will be very interesting to see what the next few years bring to our Country. After I picked Cassie up from school - we stopped at a grocery store to pick up a few groceries. As we were walking to the car, Cassie said - "you know Mom, God really DID bless America". And I looked at her and said "Really.....?" And she said "Yea Mom, he made it so we could vote, and that we could all be free, and we still have a democracy - he really does bless America". And I thought about it for a minute - and said "Know what Cass - you are right - God does bless America and we are blessed to live here". I was amazed at the thought Cassie had put in to this....she had told me the kids at her school were all bummed out because Obama was elected.....so she had thought about it and came up with what made sense to her. Out of the mouth of our little ones - GREAT lessons can be learned. Regardless of the outcome of this election - I am still VERY proud of America!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Yet another reason why Cassie is in a gifted program at school. She's amazing. Allison, in her all grown up politcal mind, said, "I think that the runner up should be VP, not someone that didn't even run for President." I guess she takes after her mom in her political awareness.

Debbie Hadley said...

Cass has always been a deep thinker. We are so blessed to live in America!