Tuesday, November 4, 2008

God Bless America!!

I JUST VOTED!!! I planned and organized my institute class and Nathan so that I could be SURE to vote!! And I must say - it was emotional. Holli said I was a NERD....because when I put my ballot into the box - I got all teary...then the ballot worker asked me if I was OK - and I just said "I just LOVE America"......he got emotional, said he was a WWII vet and put his arm around me and said "ME TO YOUNG LADY!!". It was pretty cool. I got in my van, and had the radio on, ....and this is where the nerd part comes in....turned the radio off - and started singing and crying all at the same time....GOD BLESS AMERICA!!! I LOVE THIS COUNTRY!! I think of all the people who died to give me the right to vote....reason to cry....I think of all of the people in the world who don't yet have the right to vote - and who would be willing to wait in line for DAYS not HOURS for the right to vote.....reason to cry.....and I thought of what this elections means - to me, to my family, to this country, and to the future of this country......REASON TO CRY!!! Hopping off my soapbox now....but I just have to say - I LOVE THIS COUNTRY!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!! Sing the words to yourself.......and see if YOU don't get teary!!!!

3 comments:

Debbie Hadley said...

You are such an amazing person. If only every single American felt the same way you do. You brought tears to my eyes. I love you sis!

Dan, Pam and Family said...

Sister you are so cute!
I too get emotional about America especially on election day. Can't even believe how incredibly blessed we are.
But I will say I wasn't hugging the voting officials.
;-)
Love the music!
Pam

Cindy Smith said...

We need more "nerds" like you. :)