Friday, May 8, 2009

Where did she go?

Do you ever look in the mirror and ask yourself the question........WHERE DID I GO? or WHAT HAPPENED TO ME? I guess I ask this question because once again - I have been HIT IN THE FACE with the reality of how FAST time goes by!! My nephew Darren is already on his mission - and I remember comforting him after getting CLOBBERED while trying to play football with the BIG boys.....my nephew Jordan is graduating from HS soon.....and it seems like just YESTERDAY he was telling me how BIG my hair is! Cassie is almost 9 years old and almost done with 3rd grade! Joel and I have been living in Arizona for almost 5 years.......which is 2 more than I originally committed to! Joel and I have been married for almost 16 YEARS!!! HOLY COW!!!!! Babies are growing up.......life marches on.....and I look at myself and wonder - WHERE DID I GO? I still FEEL like the me.....the old me....or should I say the YOUNG me....but when I look in the mirrior.......even though it is not ALL bad......well I can't help but wonder - WHERE DID I GO? On the LIGHTER side of it all........I am glad that I am still here to look in the mirror and wonder.....I am SO grateful for the life and love that I have....I am blessed....but I can't help to wish in my heart that time would SLOW DOWN.......even just a little bit!! For the new things with us......Cassie is LOVING Karate....Joel is working hard - And TONS - I am enjoying all of my various "projects". We are looking forward to Summer in Utah......and are just enjoying our lives.

3 comments:

Debbie Hadley said...

Wow, look at your hair in that first picture!...Big, Blonde, and Beautiful! Is that Jake you are with? Is that Cassie's Karate class in the pool? I know what you mean. The older I get the faster time goes by and the more helpless I feel to try and stop it. Sometimes I wish time would just freeze for awhile. Can't wait to see you this summer.

Cindy Smith said...

I know what you mean, time goes by too fast sometimes. That second picture confused me at first, I thought, who are all these kids getting baptized all at once? And in a pool? Ha ha!

Leslie said...

Oh how I miss the days of "Aunt Jekita!" Aging has never been a big deal for me, but these past 6 months have totally slapped me in the face. I know what you mean and I'm right there with you! If only we could rewind over and over again. Actually, I wouldn't want to rewind life, just all of our kids!