Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Horny.............The Toad!

Made ya look!! I decided a few days before Memorial Day that our little family needed to GET THE HECK out of the valley......and head for the mountains......YES - there are mountains here in HADES!!! We drove up to Payson - AZ of course......and had SO much fun! We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express....and this is a plug for them because it was REALLY nice. The beds were VERY comfortable.....it had a fun pool and spa - A whirlpool tub which Cassie loved to play in, and we got a roll away bed for Cass so EVERYONE was comfortable ! And can I just say the Breakfast they provided was FABULOUS! Fresh eggs, bacon, biscuits, sweet rolls, cereal, milks, juices, fruit - it was really nice! AND FREE!!! We got lucky because there was an arts and crafts fair, and Joel found a new business opportunity! Which he is SO excited about - and which I got dragged in to because it was something I LOVE - JEWELRY!!! I will keep you posted later on this........We had a picnic in the mountains - and hunted for rocks and "creatures". Cassie found a dead snake that she thought was BEAUTIFUL.....and thought was a stick at first......but was really excited for me to see it. FUN FOR ME!!! Then she caught a Horny Toad......it TOTALLY blended in and looked like a rock so we missed it at first, but when she saw it - she ripped her shirt of and caught it and was SO excited! Believe it or not, I thought he was actually cute - maybe she is rubbing off on me! The batteries in the camera were LOW...so I didn't get many pictures, but we got LOTS of memories and came back feeling closer and TOTALLY refreshed!!

5 comments:

Dan, Pam and Family said...

Good for your guys, sounds like a blast. I LOVE how refreshing a change of scenery and a chance to get away can be.
I'm anxious to hear more about this new business opportunity, not surprised, sounds like Joel.
The Toad is kinda cute, but I'm really glad I didn't have to see the snake. *shudder*
Loves,
Pam
P.S. Toby and Sadie are getting really excited to see all you all.

Female said...

Wow, that thing really is huge! We don't see many reptiles here, mostly bunnies and squirrels and deer and birds...
Aren't trips to the mountains so fun though? I'm glad you and the fam got to go.
-Cindy

Leslie said...

The title caught my attention...you never know what Jessica is up to :) j/k! Cassie is truly one in a million. So cute that she used her shirt to catch her new friend. She knows what's the most important in her life. Definately sounds like she is rubbing off on you. I was actually looking for the toad in the bath tub picture. Jewelry? Isn't that your middle name? Give us details. Glad to hear you got a well deserved break together.

Debbie Hadley said...

I'm so glad you had a great time! You needed a "stay-cation". You are the Jewelry Queen so I'm glad you found a business opportunity that involves Jewelry. Good luck!

The Lynns said...

Cassie is so brave to pick up that toad! Can't wait to hear more about your "business opportunity."