Thursday, June 4, 2009

122 - That is just WRONG!!! SICK AND WRONG!

After dropping Cassie off at Karate yesterday, I ran to the drug store - it was the last day of school for her, so I thought some movies were in order. ANYWAY - ran in to Walgreens - and was there for about 40 min....you know me - can't resist a good look through a fun drug store! When I got in my car I just about DIED - LITERALLY!! It was SO hot that I could BARELY breathe!!! The thermometer in my car said........122 DEGREES!! Do you have any idea what 122 degrees feels like? OH MY GOSH!!! It was 109 outside....yesterday - FUN enough.....but 122!! That is just SICK AND WRONG!!! Well......we decided to NOT watch movies.......but went swimming instead! Ahhhhhhhh that nice cool water felt SO good! Cass and I had the pool almost completely to ourselves......(how many parents have their kids out swimming at 10 at night). Needless to say - we slept in this morning.....but this is just one more reason I am SO stoked to HEAD TO UTAH!!!

5 comments:

Cindy Smith said...

Wow, and I was thinking it was hot today at 75! You really need to come visit us in the summers, you would love it! And I'm sure we would love to visit you in the winter!

Dan, Pam and Family said...

I would take that ANY day of freezing cold where you have to sit and scrape Ice and snow off the car. Let it warm up and then slide around on crappy roads to get anywhere. At least once you cool off the car, you are set and ready to go.
I need to live in Arizona!
Pam

Debbie Hadley said...

Oh I'm so sorry. That is totally wrong! At least you enjoyed some night swimming.

Leslie said...

That's unreal! That's not normal is it? Even for Arizona? We've got plenty of cool weather here for you. We just can't seem to get rid of it this year.

The Lynns said...

I like it hot, but that's just TORTURE! I'd be making night time swimming a ritual...hopefully by 10PM the weather has cooled off somewhat.