Sunday, February 15, 2009

Trash To Treasure

THE SONG IS MEANT AS A JOKE.....Here is another one of my favorite finds! This GORGEOUS dresser was found at a garage sale for just $10!! Now - again I didn't take pictures BEFORE I started on it.....but Holli can once again back me up - it had about 10 layers of paint.......so I stripped the paint and the varnish - replaced the handles - re-stained the wood....I had originally wanted to leave the top stained like the rest of the dresser, but the wood on top was just too damaged - I sanded and sanded, but couldn't get the damage to lift - one side looks like it had been burned. ANYWAY - I decided that since the nobs were black, that the top would look really good black - IT DOES! This dresser was supposed to be for the guest room - but I saw on a design show them use a dresser as a sofa table - so I thought I would give it a try - LOVE IT. Ten dollars - TONS of elbow grease......and some creativity and VOILA!! LOVE IT.....and I have already started my next project -and I DID remember to take pictures BEFORE I dug in!!

5 comments:

Cindy Smith said...

Wow, that looks great! Great job!

Debbie Hadley said...

It looks beautiful!!...especially next to your fancy chair! Love it! I wish you would have taken a before picture.

Dan, Pam and Family said...

Wow, that looks really really good.
You have such a gift!
Pam

Leslie said...

It's BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love it!

acmeadows said...

Well done! I really like them. I have always wanted to do stuff like that.