Sunday, April 5, 2009

What a WONDERFUL world!!!!

I am constantly amazed at how my beautiful daughter's mind works. Cassie is just amazed and enthralled by EVERYTHING that Heavenly Father made. She wants to know how EVERYTHING works and LOVES to learn about anything and EVERYTHING....especially new things. Cassie is in the CATS program at school....Let me just say that I think EVERY CHILD.....GIFTED OR NOT should be given the extra opportunities for learning that Cassie has received. ANYWAY....Saturday (between conference sessions OF COURSE) Cassie was able to go to the CATS expo...where all of the CATS teachers in the district do a variety of displays, science stuff, dissections, experiments....EVERYTHING to interest someone like Cassie. She had SO much fun! The sheep eyeball dissection was for the 7th and 8th graders....but Cassie talked her way into it and LOVED it. She enjoyed the squid..... and JOY OF JOYS....brought home the "beak".....BOTH with no gloves.....at least at first.....She had a blast "digging" for treasures, having a bubble around her, and visiting with "Einstein". I have tried to figure out what it was that made her the way she is.....well obviously she came that way....but Joel and I, from the time she was TINY just really tried to figure out what she liked and what she was interested in, and just really encouraged it. Even though she was our little girly princess......we loved that she loved her bugs, insects, animals, dinosaurs....and basically, we just really encouraged her to be her. And what an amazing HER she is!! It is a JOY to see the world through her eyes......AMAZING!!

9 comments:

Holli said...

Yucky Friend. Where are her gloves. Someone needs some sanitizer. YUCK!!!! I have some for you in gallon size.

Dan, Pam and Family said...

K Holli's comments totally made me laugh.
I agree that some of those things sound pretty darn yucky.
BUT
Wowzers! What a totally cool event. Cassie IS amazing, and is amazingly blessed to have such awesome parents that allow her to thrive.
Loves,
Pam

Cindy Smith said...

Cassie really is a unique kid! I'm afraid my germophobia has rubbed off too much on my kids, there is no way in heck you would catch them digging around in squid guts!

Leslie said...

What little 8 year old girl has a huge smile on her face while disecting an animal? What was that thing anyway? But in the photo where she is making a face, I thought, "If Cassie think's it's gross, it must be REALLY bad." The absolute cutest "Girlie Girl/Scientiest" I have ever seen! I'm sure she will remember that day for a long time!

Lynn Family said...

Wow, Cassie is just amazing...I wouldn't want to look inside a squid..EWWIE...that's awesome! What a fun day for her and fun pics...thanks for sharing! Such a wonderful daughter...you're very blessed!

Lynn Family said...

Wow, Cassie is just amazing...I wouldn't want to look inside a squid..EWWIE...that's awesome! What a fun day for her and fun pics...thanks for sharing! Such a wonderful daughter...you're very blessed!

Debbie Hadley said...

At that age I would have talked my way out of disecting a squid, NOT begging to disect one! I know Cass loves that kind of thing. I'm glad she had a fun day!

Unknown said...

cool! we got to dissect frogs in science last week too, but not eyeballs or squids or anything like that. Cassie is so cute in those pics!

the cummard family said...

ewe!

tell joel the girls on the sideline tonight voted him MVP! he did so good! sad the season is over :(