Tuesday, January 27, 2009

VOILA and TA DAH!!!

So I love a good project! Lately my favorite thing to do is go to a garage sale - find a good "project" for a good price, have Joel get it for an even better price - and dig in. I wish I would have taken pictures of this chair before I totally dug in - but trust me - it was NOTHING to look at!! Notice the missing leg........
This chair was for $10, but we got it for $7. The fabric was $20 a yard (Cassie picked it) but I got it for $3.....and then of course I had to buy the trim - but it was like $1.99 a yard - and I only needed a couple of yards - so you do the math. As I took it apart, I paid CLOSE attention to how it was put together......I painted the wood part black - fixed the leg....gorilla glue and nails ROCK......used my handy staple gun and fabric glue - and VOILA and TA DAH!!!!
The finished product!! Yeah - that's leopard print.....and it feels SO cool!! It's soft, but the black part is like patent leather......GREAT texture! I wasn't so sure about how much I would like it when Cassie picked the fabric, I figured it would end up in her room - or out on the curb when we have a garage sale, but I just have to say I LOVE how it turned out - and now it has found a permanent home in my LIVING ROOM!!!

5 comments:

Jana said...

Hi Jessica!

I found you! You're right...the chair looks great! (I just wish I could see it a little better) ;)

It was so good to see you at Karate. You're blog is adorable! You can visit mine at www.daveandjana.blogspot.com

Debbie Hadley said...

Those small pictures just don't do it justice. It looks awesome!! You are the Queen of turning old into new...LOVE IT!

dinosrule said...

Don't you just love that feeling of making something old new again?
I tried clicking on the photos but they wouldn't go any bigger, Leslie says that mine do that too, but I don't know why. Anyways, from what I can see, it looks great! Way to go!
BTW, this is Cindy, not Solei, I'm just too lazy to log out and sign in again. :)

Leslie said...

Are you kidding me? It's perfect! You are the only one I know (besides Brendan) that can rip something apart on purpose and know how to put it back together with no directions! What a little treasure you've created and something that will mean so much to Cass as she had such a big role in picking out the fabric. Here's a pat on the back!

Dan, Pam and Family said...

What a fun project.
So many times you have given me the courage to dig in and try something new and fun.
You have a gift in this area for sure.
Pam