Thursday, October 30, 2008

ONLY JOELA

My husband makes me LAUGH. So last night he was invited to go to a Trunk Or Treat party with someone from work. Joel loves to find free stuff for him and Cassie to do - so he went ahead and took her....but the people who invited him never showed up. Now....for me and for most people in the world, if the people who invited you to THEIR ward Halloween party didn't show up, you would just bag it and come home....NOT MY JOEL!! He and Cassie just went in, made themselves at home, trunk or treated and got some GOOD stuff.....did the cake walk, enjoyed all the booths - had some YUMMY chile, and enjoyed themselves!! The sad part about it is that they were TOTAL strangers - and NOT ONE person in that ward talked to them.....no one asked them if they were new, no one even asked them who they were......WHAT IS UP WITH THAT? It just reminded me that we need to do better with the whole fellow shipping thing.....if you see a stranger - introduce yourselves!!! I love the way Joel is comfortable in ANY situation....it's good for me to see how easy it is for him to make himself at home. But again - let me say.......ONLY JOEL!!!!!

6 comments:

Dan, Pam and Family said...

Love The Blog!
Joel is awesome, I can't believe that NO ONE talked to them. Crazy!
What a fun Dad.
Loves,
Pam

Debbie Hadley said...

That is totally Joela! I would never stay if my friends didn't show up. How sad that not one person said "Hi" and asked them if they were new. We should all learn a lesson from that!

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! I'm glad you have a blog. AND...I had no idea that your whole family were bloggers!! Now we all can see whats going on with each other...being that we all live so very far away. Even you guys seem far away even though your not...lol lol.

Cindy Smith said...

How funny, what a great dad Joel is. Hope you all have a Happy Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Yeah!!! I'm jealous of your cute layout. I still have no clue how to do anything "scrapbooky" to my page. It will be so much fun to keep up on your family's life and see Cassie grow up through photos and experiences. You gotta love that "Joela" of yours!

Leslie said...

Yeah!!!! Welcome to the blogging world. I'm jealous of your cute layout. I still have no clue how to do anything "scrapbooky" to our blog. I'm looking forward to reading about all your fun adventures and everyday stuff. You gotta love that "JOELA" of yours!