Saturday, May 8, 2010

My Miracles

Im a Mom. Today it's Mother's day. If last year you would have told me that I would be the Mom to two beautiful children I wouldn't have believed you....but I have learned that miracles come when we least expect them and both of my children are true miracles - as all children are. It has been an incredible year. We have been blessed more than words can say. Skyler Grant joined our family. He has brought such joy and love into our home.....I forgot how much work little ones can be...but OH THE JOY......his smile, his laugh, his little hands reaching out for me, the way he smells right after his bath....the way he looks at me when someone else is holding him....and the way he LOVES to snuggle with his Mommy when he is tired. Our little one is such a joy. And my beautiful Cassie. She turns 10 in just a few days - I find myself wondering HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? I don't know...but it did. Cassie and I are finding out what it's like to both have very strong opinions about things - and while some days I think we make eachother a little CRAZY.....well the love is always there - the love will ALWAYS be there. She is my heart...she is my calm, she is my sweet, she is my imagination, she is my deep thinker, she is my good.....she is my Cassie. I often think about my life, and about why things work out the way they do...and I wish I had ALL of the answers to that question, but one answer that I do have, is that I know that God loves me....whenever I look into the faces of my beautiful children - the children I wanted more then breath.....well there is no way to question my Heavenly Father's love for me. Last year I remember blogging about how I felt about my Mother....and I want to once again thank her....for everything. I wish I were more eloquent or more poetic....but I hope she knows how I feel and I hope that saying Thank you Mom....and I Love You....just let her know how much I do...love her. And for the other Mother's in my life. My amazing Mother in Law....who raised my amazing Husband.....how grateful I am for the woman that she is, and for the son that she raised. For all of my sisters - born and in law....for the amazing Moms that they are. For the amazing women I work with in church....how they are mother's to SO many. Where would the world be without Mothers? I have to...on this most special day....thank the two TRUE Mothers.....the two Mother's who put the needs of their children before their own, and sacrificed so much....so that I could hear the words "Mommy.....I love you". Thank You Nicole and Corinna - thank you forever....thank you for blessing my life so much and for giving so much of yourselves. I will never be able to thank you enough or repay you for my most amazing gift......my sweet children. Thank You. Happy Mothers Day to all the amazing Women in my life. To Mothers.

2 comments:

Debbie Hadley said...

Oh my goodness you have cute kids!!! What cute pictures! I need a Skler squish!...could he be any cuter! I can't believe he is rolling over already, and BTW love his outfit! What an amazing post. You are one of the most amazing mothers I know. You make me be a better mom. Thanks Sis! I love you! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Cindy Smith said...

Such beautiful sentiments, and I loved the photos, a little sad that Skyler is growing up so fast without us there though. He is adorable, and looks a little like Cassie even. Can't believe he is old enough already to roll over and we haven't even gotten to see him yet, and probably won't for a while still. Glad you enjoyed Mother's Day, we do have a lot of great mothers around us, don't we?