Sunday, September 13, 2009

Goodbye.......to a fuzzy little friend

(It's me, Cassie). Last night, I buried my hamster Nibbles out in the back yard. Dad dug a big hole and I burried him with his favorite chair that he ate on because that is where his food was. I went to check on him on Friday night, and I thought he was just sleeping, and I poked him with the food bowl, but he wouldn't move so I picked him up and he still didn't move, and I smelt that smell and I knew he was dead. Midnight, my gerbil had died so I knew what that smell was. I am really sad and I will miss him a lot, he was REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY cute. When we got him he was going to get eaten by a snake, but we saved him and we have had him for 1.5 years, and the people who had him before us had him for more than a year so he lived a long time for a hamster. I am glad that I had him and I will miss him a lot, but Mom says we aren't ever getting another hamster. JUST DOGS! Love you guys! Cassie

5 comments:

Cindy Smith said...

I'm so sorry Cassie, I grew up with hamsters too and it was always hard when they would die. You were so sweet to give him his favorite chair, I'm sure he loved you tons. I'm convinced that we will be able to see all our pets again in the next life, just like with our family.

Leslie said...

I'm so sorry that I haven't had a chance to comment. Cassie, this broke my heart because I know how much it hurt yours. I know how much you truly adore all animals, but especially your pets. This must have been a very hard thing to do. Saying goodbye is always so sad. But you will continue to bless many more animals throughout your life and your hamster was lucky to be a part of your family. What a beautiful way you have of writing. I hope you will write lots more on your family blog.

Debbie Hadley said...

I'm so so sorry Cassie! We all know how much you loved Nibbles. You were a great Mom to Nibbles, he was lucky to have such a good owner. Thanks so much for sharing this with us. We love you!

Cindy Smith said...

oh no! i am so sorry cassie! I know you loved Nibbles and so I am just so sad but I am sure it was really hard! If I lost any of my pets i wouldnt know what I would do! you are so nice to add in the chair! but im sure you will miss him. the 1st and 2nd picture broke my heart!
-sierra-

Sarah said...

oh little sass.. I'm so sorry!! we loved being a small part of nibbles life for a couple short weeks. I loved walking into the kitchen down stairs and seeing that little purple cage sitting on the table. just knowing that little nibbles was inside nustled down in his warm bed. I loved seeing is little face and tiny black eyes looking up thru his cage seemingly smiling up at me. my boys loved that little pet. and he brought so much joy into their lives.

You took such good care of him. he had a very happy little life.

i love you girl!